Google
web Musings of The Global Traveller

Friday, April 28, 2006

We Don't Know How Lucky We Are

Sometimes when I get down because of some annoyance or inconvenience I have to stop and think for a moment to appreciate how lucky I am.

I don't live in poverty, unlike so many others less fortunate. Even such things I take for granted like water and electricity are not as freely available elsewhere as I might suppose. For instance last week in Delhi I was astounded to read in the newspaper that on average residents have only a few hours of electricity each day and only 1% have all day electricity.

Sure enough, even the big hotel where I was staying had frequent brief generator failures and one uncomfortable hot night when the air-conditioning failed.

I don't know how lucky I am.

No comments: