Google
web Musings of The Global Traveller

Friday, March 24, 2006

Cool maps





I like seeing where I've been or where places I see mentioned are. So I've been playing with a couple of online map tools. The map above is from World66 and is very easy to use. Simply check the boxes of the countries or states you want highlighted. World66 has maps for world, US, Canada and Europe.

Another one is Frappr. It's powered by Google Maps, so is much more powerful and flexible. I've added an example to the bottom of my blog, but haven't yet gotten the hang of all the bells and whistles.

A favourite of many folk on Flyer Talk is Global Circle Mapper (GCM for short) which shows routes and great circle distances - very handy for planning purposes. Here is a link to an example showing part of a trip I did earlier this year.

No comments: