Google
web Musings of The Global Traveller

Friday, September 08, 2006

The network is down

4 words you don't want to hear when you're waiting between flights and have some work to finish off. Even more so when you planned a lengthy connection just so you could get that work done in peace in the lounge and be ready when you arrive at the destination.

This is exactly what happened to me recently. I did find a work around, thanks to having access to another lounge even when not flying that airline, but it wasted a lot of time and so I didn't complete as much as I'd hoped.

It did serve a purpose though - as a salient reminder not to be too reliant on using the amenities of an airline lounge en route. I often use the time in transit to send off those emails I ran out of time to do before I started the journey, look up info for the destination or meeting, and print things off (like maps and other useful arrival info). Maybe next time I'll be a bit more organised in advance.

Cheers and happy travels.

No comments: