Google
web Musings of The Global Traveller

Thursday, April 23, 2009

First Class on Swiss and Asiana

In my recent travels I flew first class on Swiss and Asiana for the first time. I'm quite impressed with both.

The Swiss first class was on A340-300, which is not their new first class just launched a few days ago on A330-300. The seat was very comfortable and one of the better ones I've flown in despite not being particularly new. It would be great for couples with a decent sized ottoman and very wide table to dine together - pick the middle pair of seats. The inflight entertainment was a bit limited. The food & drink okay. The best part, though, was the service. I know, I shouldn't read too much into one flight - I may have just got lucky. Still, this flight has made me think about how I can get back into Swiss first class again.

On Asiana I was lucky enough to get a 747-400 with their new first class. Again the seat is not leading edge but still comfortable enough. The food and drink was great, and service could not be faulted. I'm disappointed I was flying on such a short flight and am already thinking about how I can fly Asiana first class in longhaul.

No comments: