Google
web Musings of The Global Traveller

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Connexion by Boeing Going?

Catching up on some news posted at blog Upgrade: Travel Better I read that the future of the wireless internet Connexion service is uncertain with Boeing reportedly looking to sell or close down the division. A need to drive up usage may explain the recent increase in sproiking of the service with free minutes and discount codes for suitably equipped flights. While these offers are not new, in the past few months there seems to be an increase and I'm also getting stuff posted & emailed by airlines rather than just offered at airport gate lounges, and appears to be a more concerted effort.

I must say this news surprises me as I see more and more people using the service - both as the equipment rollout covers more aircraft and also more awareness of it amongst frequent flyers.

Stay tuned for more news.

No comments: