Google
web Musings of The Global Traveller

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Mega party

As I write this I'm already on my way to the biggest Flyer Talk party of the year, and by the time this entry posts I'll be miles closer to joining the fun. All FT dos are fun, but this one looks to be especially good.

I'm talking about the Star Mega Do - 7 Partners, 6 Airports, 5 Flights, 4 Days, 3 Aircraft, 2 Continents, 1 Alliance, and over 200 excited frequent flyers (as far as I know George Clooney isn't one of them). Unfortunately due to my schedule I miss the start of festivities in Chicago, and Newark, and New York JFK, and flying to Europe. To console myself I'm flying in style with a first class award whisking me half way around the world to arrive just in time for the events in Europe. Given my crazy schedule I'll probably sleep most of the flights, but for now I'm far to excited to sleep despite the long sequence of late nights and early mornings.

Ironically one of the events is a tour of the Airbus factory in Toulouse where A380s are made, yet I'm flying there on a series of Boeing aircraft. At least I'll be flying mostly Airbus on the way back, including an A380.

I'll be back later to report on the fun and some new travel experiences I have planned along the way. For now, though, I must go and prepare for my upcoming transit where I have lots to do.

No comments: