Adding to the normal holiday season travel hassles are several strikes and an airline failure.
- British Airways cabin crew (Unite union) on strike from 22 December to 2 January.
- Some airport ground staff (coincidentally also Unite union) at Aberdeen and London Heathrow on strike 22-23 December, 26-27 December and 3-4 January. Affected airlines include Air France-KLM, Atlantic and Wideroe at Aberdeen and Emirates, Thai and Turkish at Heathrow.
- Some Qantas engineers on strike 17-21 December and again in January.
- Eurostar staff on strike 18-19 December and 26-27 December.
- UK budget airline flyglobespan has shut down.
Good luck to all those impacted. For some general advice, see my post on travel strikes from 2 years ago.